3.03.2012

Paul Bakery, Takashimaya

This is a long overdue post. LOL.

My friend who had been to Europe was so excited to try out this French patisserie place at Ngee Ann City when she learnt about its opening a few months ago. (Note: my friend had really good dining experience at Paul Bakery during her holiday in Europe last year).


A bread-loving person I am was definitely more than willing to try out this place with her. And, we visited the place right after work the following day! We were really anticipated then, tsk tsk.


My friend had a Tartine Poulet Citron, which is an open sandwich with chicken marinated in lemon and tarragon, tomatoes and chives served warm with a seasonal side salad. My friend loves it, and she finished it in a few minutes. She is a fast eater anyway, lol.


I had a Croque Salmon Poireaux which brings together the roast salmon and leeks, served warm with a seasonal side salad. It was made to my liking; the bread was slightly toasted and soft in the inside with filling of my choice. Yummmm~


How could we not have dessert at a pastry shop? We ordered a set of dessert to share which came with 2 macaroons, a crème brulee, a slice of chocolate cake and a cup of coffee/ tea. Well, it was nothing extraordinary, in my opinion.


I could not resist but to takeaway a slice of Millefeuille, a thin puff pastry with vanilla custard on my way out. It reminded me of the vanilla slice which I heart when I was studying in Melbourne. And it did not disappoint me! The vanilla custard was nice, not overly sweetened and the layers of thin puff pastry were crispy! <3


Honestly, I think the food was ok but the sandwiches were quite pricey. And, I personally feel the front liners need more training/ improvement in their customer service.

No comments:

Post a Comment