12.10.2011

Chalk Restaurant, Mt Sophia

Chalk, a casual bistro within Old School, Mt Sophia that serves hearty French and Italian fare, with a bit of an Aussie twist.


Initially, we planned to visit this place mainly for their desserts and for their free flow olive breads which was strongly recommended by my friend. We were indecisive of where to chill out after we had our dinner till we talked about this place. My friends were really into this place and they looked really in love with the bread when they were talking about it.

After hearing the rave about it, I’ve finally got to try it! Within that night! Haha. It was really quite nice! No, I am not bias though I am a bread-lover, yummm~


Although we went there mainly to chill out and some after meal desserts, my makan kaki could not resist themselves from ordering the artichoke soup …


And the ox tongue! Haha. Once again, I saw the craze in one of my friends when he saw ox tongue in the menu! He could not wait to order it, and insisted everyone to share with him. Verdict? Not bad. Preferred the ox tongue served in Korean BBQ though :P


FINALLY, it’s time for desserts!! And time for me to get excited when the Chocolate Fondant with Vanilla Ice-cream and Sesame Snap was served!!!


Look at the melted chocolate!! Ohhh…. My favourite!!! And no, I am not a chocoholic, but chocolate fondant is so irresistible!! And the chocolate fondant here is one of the best I have tried, yummylicious~

We also ordered a Passion Fruit Souffle, which was made to order. So, we waited approximately 20mins for it.


It was nice! But I still love my chocolate fondant more than the soufflé. Haha.


I love its location and the ambience of this place.


And also how the waiter/ waitress will literally bring the daily specials to you and explain/ describe each dish on the board to you. Customer service is really important when you are doing front line, isn’t it? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment