12.02.2011

The Wine Company, Sentosa Broadway

One of the restaurants in Singapore that has perfect scenery for its diners, in my opinion. At least I was really pleased to dine there for the view given; enjoyed the sunset while waiting for the food to be served.


We ordered a few mains to share – food tasting we called *winks.

We had a duck leg confit with gratin potato and mixed greens in orange-demi reduction. The duck was a bit too dry for me. It would be better if it was more juicy! Otherwise the taste was OK!


A lamb shank with celeriac, potato and carrot cube. Not much comment for this dish, was a bit disappointed with its presentation and on top of that I don’t eat lamb. So I only had a tiny bite that my friend served to me, and I regretted. LOL.


The next dish served was teriyaki salmon with soba noodles. The teriyaki salmon was fairly decent prepared, minus its presentation which appeared to be a bit dull. The salmon itself was flavourful and juicy the way I like.


And lastly, pork chop with sautéed potato and grilled vegetable in some sauce which didn’t look appealing to me. Haha. The pork chop was a tad too dry without the sauce. Perhaps it was just me, I really love my protein to be soft, tender and juicy!!!


One thing I don’t understand is why didn’t they invest on bigger plates!? The plates they used were much smaller than usual that we thought we ordered entrées instead of mains!

Anyway, the food was slightly above average. I reckon we should not have high expectation on the food but the main focus should be placed on the wine that the restaurant is able to serve. As you might be able to tell from the name of the restaurant itself, this restaurant has a long wine list! Nonetheless, only one of us ordered a glass of red wine to go with the dinner, what a shame!


It might be a good place with superb scenery and wines for us to chill-out with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment