10.25.2011

The Soup Restaurant, Toa Payoh


This is one of the Chinese restaurants that I like pretty much. The foods that I have had from this restaurant (have tried 2 branches thus far @ Jurong Point and Toa Payoh) were all pretty decent.


Braised peanut was served almost immediately once we have placed our orders. One of my favourites!


Followed by the soup we ordered, Double Boiled Dried Scallop with Black Chicken Soup.


I was first introduced to this restaurant, to their popular dish - Samsui Ginger Chicken by B. I was fairly reluctant try it out initially and had an impression that I would most probably not like that dish coz I am definitely not a big fan of ginger.


I was absolutely wrong! The chicken was soft and tender and it blended really well with the ginger paste, which in my opinion was not too gingery <3


I also like their Ah Por Sweet Potato Leaves (non-spicy) and Ah Gong Sweet Potato Leaves (Spicy). Yuummmmm~ I love both versions. Sweet potato leaves is definitely one of my favourites vegetable dishes!


Thank you for your recommendation, B!! *muacks :P

No comments:

Post a Comment