4.03.2009

Red Bean Pancake

Love in first bite when I had it 6 years ago in one of the Chinese restaurants along Little Bourke Street, Melbourne that serves Hang Zhou's dishes.

I ordered this Chinese dessert again when I went to Crystal Jade, Singapore for a yum cha session few weeks ago. It came with a disappointment as the crepe was a bit too thick and the filling was not in abundance. Hence, I decided to give it a try from scratch.

Homemade Red Bean Paste

This home-cooked red bean paste was flavourful yet not too sweet as compared to those pre-packed ones in the market.

Homemade Red Bean Pancake

The crepe came with an egg fragrance and my tasting panel gave a tumb up for it. From my viewpoint, the skin was not crispy enough and thus further modification is needed.

Nonetheless, this red bean pancake gave me a good satisfaction with the enormous amount of red bean paste I had in it. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment