7.08.2011

Flying Chillies, 313 Somerset

It had never crossed my mind to have meal at this crowded place, till I tried out their sister restaurants in Malaysia.


Went there for a late lunch. Hence, the restaurant was not packed with people but the crowd walking along the corridor to and from Somerset MRT station and/or at 313 was still fairly busy.

Despite that I was not at my best mood to enjoy the food, I could tell that the food was comparable to their sister restaurants.


For appetizer, we ordered the Thai Royal money bad served with plum sauce. The main ingredient was frozen veggies, which was a bit disappointing though it was well deep-fried. I like plum sauce quite a bit so I definitely enjoyed having it after dipping it in the sauce. Nonetheless, I will most likely not order it again in my next visit.


How could we miss out the must-order dish whenever we go for Thai food? Which is the Tom Yum Prawn soup, with clear base. Its sourness and spiciness were well-balanced. It was thailicious.


The baked honey pork ribs were simply divine. I believe it would be tastier if my mood was better then, grins.


To take care of our carbohydrates, we had the Claypot Glass Noodle with River Prawn and Sliced Pork. There were lumps of noodles tend at the bottom of the claypot. Nonetheless it was still flavourful, and would definitely be better if it didn’t stick together. Perhaps we left it untouched for too long? Hmm...

I really think the food at Flying Chillies were fairly nice, but there are times when you just don’t have the mood to enjoy the delicacies wholeheartedly. And hence, I think I will and must go back next time to enjoy my food there. Winks.

No comments:

Post a Comment